Yesterday, I added the feed for the ASP.Net podcast series to my Common Feed List.  That was definitely the wrong thing to do.  Thankfully, I didn’t subscribe to Hanselminutes that way yet.  Initially, everything looked ok. Then I checked the automatically download enclosures box for the feed.

  1. In order to get the enclosures I had to reset all messages in the feed to unread.  That was cool.
  2. I maxed out my mailbox limit. Oh oh…  It turns out that the enclosures are just like attachments in a mail item.  I haven’t figured out yet how to set my RSS feed to go to a different pst file that is not attached to the exchange server and mail limits.
  3. I wanted to save all of the attachments to a folder.  Had to write a VBA macro to do it.

End result, don’t do the automatic feed enclosure download.  I might go back to RSS Bandit as my default reader. Just my thoughts.

Here is another post to add to an offline storage.  I did a little more research.  Maybe I will stick with Outlook as my RSS reader.

Technorati Tags: , ,
Advertisements